Saturday, June 6, 2009

it's a whole new world

here i am in lovely guadalajara and i feel like things are coming together. got my puppy on stun, got my internet working and i got my good times rolling.

i can't believe it's 1pm and all we've done is get the internet started. that's still a pretty big deal considering i've been rolling with partial to zero internet my whole trip here and as of 12pm today i am fully connected and able to take advantage of my macbook that i've lugged down here.

starting to have some minor stress about what i'm gonna do with my life now. i have a whole year ahead of me where i can accomplish anything, or at least get the ball rolling on anything and am unsure where to even start. thursday i woke up ready to write a book, but don't even know what i would start with. i love, love, love fiction but dont have a book idea. i could write my story, but to write about myself overmuch is rather lame. it takes a special kind of arrogance to write a living memoir, and while i've read a few that i liked i would hate to name-check the people i love. seriously. lame.

moreover, is there is real money or honor in book publishing? i wouldn't know.

anyway, i suppose i have to plan our july vacation (from my vacation) now that i can do research. we're going to argentina, or driving the dogde through central america, avoiding the dariƩn gap. decisions, decisions, and they have to be made in 2 weeks!

kisses!
m.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? You're one of the best writers I know...I totally support you in writing fiction. In fact, I feel a movie deal coming on!

    ReplyDelete