Sunday, July 12, 2009

dallas! really?

trapped in dallas for the evening. i say my plane push away but i wasn't on it and american airlines put me up in a hotel. dallas? really? there are maybe 50 other cites that i would be excited to be stuck in. dallas wasn't one of them.

that said, i had a pretty ok time here. there was the taste of dallas happening and i had some life changing crawfish and blackened shrip situation on the street. i also got to catch up on nyc life with my sis while enjoying a beer at the west end pub. i think my waiter was micro-flirting with me. whatever, in the end he gave me happy hour prices at midnight, so yay! anyway, home tomorrow. apparently lemuria is picking me up at the airport and we are running to bk to see maiysha. from the plane. so i suppose i will be smelly at my summer 09 nyc/bk debut.

anyway, had a great final july day in gdl. i braved the public bus system on my own and went to tlaquepaque. on my own. on the public bus. with no real direction. have i mentioned i was alone? i spent more time trying to figure out where to get on the bus than i actually spent on the bus. and then there was the staring, hoboy, there was staring. in taxi's i dont really have to appreciate how much i'm stared at in gdl. but there's nothing like being on public transportation alone to put that all in perspective. i bought beautiful things at tlaqupaque, including a shirt that i only purchased because i didn't understand it.

hell, a girl has to have reasons, even if they don't make sense.

then, after my bus adventure, i went to a resturant named 'la dolce vita' in centro magno for dinner with a glitterly assortment of mexicans. i think any place named 'la dolce vita' brings out the glittery set, internationally (imani, you may recall the 'dolce vita' in firenze). there i finally had a pizza in mexico with mozerella rather than queso gouda. yay! also had a yummy grappa. when i get back i'm taking erin!

excited about ny. excited about not being in dallas.
first class better be awesome tomorrow!

until!
m.

1 comment:

  1. Ecco ci qua!!! La Dolce Vita!!! What does gouda pizza taste like? Could be interesting...

    ReplyDelete